ALL guests must have full comprehensive travel and medical insurance, which should include cruising. It is important that your policy covers personal equipment damage or loss and at least a MedEvac option and compensation for lost charter days due to unforeseen circumstances or emergencies. Please let us know if you have questions on specific coverage options.
Until mid of 2015 the Visa on Arrival regulation applied to most countries. In order to increase visitors coming to Indonesia the ministry of tourism decided to change the rules boldly, and waived the visa fee for most countries. Most visitors do not have to pay or apply for any type of visa, if they come to Indonesia for holidays (no work) and not stay longer than 30 days.
- A passport with at least six months of validity remaining and one other form of identification
- 2 photocopies of your passport (photo page).
- Airline tickets
- Travel insurance information, itinerary and other travel documents.
- In case you misplace any vital documents you should also carry a back-up photocopy of your passport, I.D, and airline ticket with you at all times. It doesn’t hurt to leave another copy at home as well.
All outlets accept a 2 Pin Australian adaptor (240V). The boat carries some universal adaptors, however we suggest guests bring their own.
Yes, you can be contacted on your mobile phone as long as you have global roaming activated. You can also be contacted on our satellite phone or use it to make outbound calls (fees apply). In addition, you can be contacted through your regular email address; Internet access is available. Mobile and internet services are not always in range, but you will get a steady connectivity throughout your charter.
Besides yourself and your surfboards, we recommend you bring the following items:
- Passports, airline tickets, travel insurance information, itinerary, credit card and other travel documents.
- Cash. Indonesia Rupiah, $US or $AUD. You will need cash for Airport departure tax, personal telephone calls, additional meals in transit, etc. Cash for everything other than the entry visa can be exchanged or withdrawn from ATM’s after you pass through customs in Indonesia.
- Airport departure tax rates are payable in Rupiah. Departure, airport and airline taxes are the responsibility of guests.
- 2- 3 pairs of board shorts
- Some t-shirts / shirt or shawl for women (singlets are inappropriate in major towns & Muslim areas)
- Loose long clothing (to protect against mosquitoes if you go outside at night and aboard Ratu Motu the saloon is air-conditioned. Guest are expected to wear collared shirts when dining in saloon)
- Booties (for surfing and beach combing over reefs)
- Sand shoes ( or booties for island exploration)
- Solarez – the type with rovings in it
- Spare leg ropes
- Long-sleeved rash shirts
- Tropical surf wax
- Spare fins and keys, spare plugs and screws if you have FCS system
- Sunscreen and lip balm 30+
- Insect repellent
- Sun hat
- Toiletries (basics supplied per cabin)
- A good sense of humour (grumpy people will be sent home on first available flight)
- Electronics: Notebook/tablet, camera phone and/or iPod, chargers & adaptors and zip-lock bags for keeping them safe from water damage.
- A re-usable/non-disposable drink bottle to fill up from filtered water tap aboard. (We try to reduce and eliminate single-use plastic water bottles polluting the islands and ocean.)
- Fishing and diving gear (we supply these but you may prefer using your own)
- Soft cloth board cover (to protect your board from impact, sun and wax damage during boat transfers to breaks)
- Music files
First Aid Kit
We have a fully equipped first aid kit. However we strongly suggest you bring the following items in your personal kit: pain relief, waterproof bandages and Band-Aids, antibacterial ointment, betadine (iodine), tweezers, syringes, mosquito repellent, sting ease, malaria medication, aqua ear and cotton buds, cold/flu tablets, multi vitamins, sports rub, motion sickness medication, general antibiotics, suture kit (for stiches), Imodium or charcoal tablets and personal medication. If you are travelling as a group, it is worth consolidating items on this list to reduce luggage.